How to Register
- Register yourself and others for the OP 42nd Anniversary Celebration by purchasing a ticket(s) on the website. Each person age 5+ must purchase a ticket to participate in any of the activities.
- After paying for registration, you will receive an email from UMD Alumni Relations with instructions on how to select which activities you want to participate in on anniversary celebration weekend (including housing and camping options).
- ALL ACTIVITIES and equipment rentals from RSOP (including dinner on Saturday) are included in your registration.
- Free tent camping in our “tent city” will be available in a field adjacent to Bagley Nature Area – this will be rustic camping. Water and porta potties available onsite.
- Camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, pads) available for a 50% discount from the Rec Sports Outdoor Program Rental Center in the Sports and Health Center – reserve gear by calling 218-726-6134.
- Residence Hall - $36 per night for single room (1 bed); $40 per night for double room (2 beds)
- Apartments: $128 per night (each apartment has two bedrooms, and can accommodate up to 4 total guests)
- These rates are subject to change. Please complete the UMD Housing interest form if you would like to stay in UMD Housing. A staff member will follow up with you to discuss details.
Saturday Evening Child Care
- Free childcare for ages 5+ will be provided on Saturday from 4:30pm-8:30pm. Drop off your child at the Sports and Health Center RSOP Welcome Desk. Pizza dinner will be provided.
Friday, July 15
- Check into your accommodations or setup your tent at the exclusive “tent city” adjacent to Bagley Nature Area at UMD.
- Casual evening gathering with a campfire in Bagley Nature Area. Canoes available for paddling on Rock Pond. Snacks available.
Saturday, July 16
- Climbing at Ely’s Peak (family friendly activity)
- Duluth Waterfront Sea Kayak Tour (family friendly activity)
- Whitewater Paddling the St. Louis River (adventurous activity)
- (Kirby Terrace or Kirby Ballroom, depending on weather conditions)
- 5:30-6:30pm: Social gathering; cash bar available.
- 6:30-7:30pm: Buffet-style dinner: lake superior fish boil, grilled chicken breast, or vegetarian ratatouille. Served with salad, dessert, and refreshments.
- 7:30-10:00pm: Program and reception.
Sunday, July 17
- Climbing Shovel Point (adventurous activity)
- Mountain Bike the Duluth Traverse and More (adventurous activity)
- Sea Kayaking Lake Superior: Lester River to Duluth Harbor (adventurous activity)
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding and Lunch at the Lester River Surf Shack (family friendly activity)
To stay up to date on the latest OP news and anniversary information, make sure to update your contact information with UMD and follow the OP 42nd Anniversary on Facebook.
The OP staff look forward to welcoming you back to UMD! Staff attending the anniversary celebration will include:
- Tim Bates, Associate Director, Environmental Education Coordinator
- Randy Carlson, Paddle, Surf, Kite Coordinator
- Melody David-McKnight, Sea Kayak Coordinator
- Ken Gilbertson, retired staff
- Dick Haney, retired staff
- Pat Kohlin, Marketing and Graphics Coordinator
- Lucas Kramer, Climbing Coordinator
Questions about the OP 42nd Anniversary? Contact Alumni Relations staff at [email protected].